Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Triple digit temps

No - it's not actually 100 degrees here in Houston. The weather is actually quite nice 88 degrees and low humidity. I'm referring to the cold bug that snared my kids and wife and finally, me. I had been busy catching up at work and then went out for a Saturday morning ride and I just never really felt up for anything after that. Sunday night and Monday morning were the worst - that twilight sleep that doesn't refresh, combined with alternating hot and cold spells. Ick. Add a deadline at work and the week was double-ick. My resting heart rate the other night was 64, so you know I was fighting it hard.

In retrospect, now that I'm on the mend, I figure it was a good time to be sick, though. My body could use the time off. If I don't want to totally spin out, I need to set a new goal. Oh sure, I'm signed up for the marathon, but I wonder about the wisdom of doing a tri, beat up and coming off an illness. Maybe I'll just play it by ear.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I stumbled across your blog and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Carrie Owen and I am the founder of Team Gluten-Free. Team Gluten-Free™, a project of the Celiac Disease Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit, public benefit corporation, is a training program for runners, walkers and cyclists who participate in races across the United States to raise awareness and funds for Celiac Disease. The money we raise goes directly to research and awareness programs and camp scholarships for Celiac children.

You can find out more about our program at teamglutenfree.org.