Thursday, March 27, 2008

Workouts working

I've had some pretty good workouts lately. I'm feeling faster, but I'm not really checking my times.

I had two strong Saturday long rides on my bicycle in preparation for the MS150.
I did several tempo workouts, and the night before last even played soccer afterward in a little neighborhood pick up game. I miss soccer.

On the celiac front - I asked if there was a "gluten-free" option for a carbo-loading dinner for the training series. I know there isn't, but it makes me feel better for asking.

I'm losing weight, but oh so slowly. The other day, I weighed in at 4.8 pounds under my starting weight. Then my wife said, "You still have your keys in your pocket?" Well - yes - that's how I weigh in. I guess life is different for people with purses. (I didn't tell her I was also carrying my cell phone and wallet.)

Work and home have been busy.

1 comment:

Bill Banks said...

Hi Michael -

I was looking at your list of GF food on the right, and thought I'd mention Think Bars. Their peanut butter version is delicious and has a ton of protein. I buy them by the box at Whole Foods and eat them after rides. Just FYI.

Good luck with your training!

Bill
celiacsnack.com