- I should have been using earplugs to keep out the water
- I should have used a half vinegar/half rubbing alcohol solution and dropped that in my ears before and after the workout. Evidently, the vinegar is the correct PH while the alcohol kills the infections before they get started.
- q-tips can irritate your ear canal, so don't go there
- Antibiotic ear drops were, bizarrely, very hard to acquire, resulting in an extra day of totally unnecessary pain
- I really didn't care if my ear drops were gluten free or not (but should I?)
It makes me wonder when the pharmaceutical industry is going to wake up on this topic -- probably not until people start reporting adverse reactions...
Anyway, I'm thrilled to be back in the water today.