Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Can't sleep - but the work's getting done

I just put an hour brick in and popped in a skateboarding movie while I was cooling off. It seems that regardless of the time I work out, it takes me about two hours to wind down and get ready for sleep, and today a movie was about right.

I've been slowly building up my swim distance - for two reasons. One is that swimming has been my worst leg of triathloning since, oh, 1983 or so when I did my first one. The other is that I've been trying to ease off my rib injury from the marathon. Last night I did 88 "wall touches" - meaning one down, two back, three down, and so on. I find it's the only way I can keep the distance straight, as I am forever losing count of which lap I'm on. For those of you quick with math - that's 2200 meters - which turns out to be a personal distance PR. I've been adding 200 meters each workout to my twice a week workouts, so I'll get on the 2500 meter workout plan from my book soon.

Fun stuff today from the NFCA. Celiac Awareness came to The View. I love it when people on a show try to cram a "condition" into five minutes. I hope my Tivo caught it.

No comments: