Monday, December 10, 2007

Exactly one year ago...

It's been a year since I've started blogging about celiac and training. So much has happened, but something special happened that I found out about yesterday at church. Exactly one year to the day after I had a discussion about my celiac situation with another runner, I found out she was diagnosed with celiac.

It's a moment that gives me mixed emotions. I'm empathetic as I remember the loss and relief I felt from my diagnosis and the hard times that immediately followed as my diet shifted. But I also remember the joy crossing the finish line at the Redman -- something only made possible by my improved health as a result of my diagnosis.

And it's my joy and the coming joy of those who start their own journeys to better health through a diagnosis that keeps me writing.

No comments: